Position: Scala Developer
Contract type: Contract, Full time
Location: 100% Homeoffice / Work Hours: Local
Rate: 5000+ EUR
Team: up to 10 people (Scala + UI Developers) based in CZ
US startup focused on building a next generation platform to support
retail and eCommerce merchants. The technology is founded in the principals of reactive
design and micro-services. We are leveraging Lightbend’s technologies Lagom and Play,
Lucidworks Fusion (Solr, Spark), Cassandra and Kafka as the foundation of our platform.
The implementation will be primarily built in Scala. The end game is a headless, cloud-
native, SaaS based platform providing a one-stop-shop for everything a retailer needs to run their business on the technology front.
As one of the developers for our team, you will be implementing key parts of our platform
including providing design & implementation guidance across the platform.
Primary Job Functions:
- Work with team to push an idea from innovation to deployment with minimal supervision
- Mentor developers by utilizing agile practices
- Break down high level requirements into more detailed requirements, and then scoping and
formulating execution plans with team
- 6+ years of software development experience and B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or related
- 2+ years of experience serving as a Senior Developer of an engineering team
- 2+ years of developing in Scala
- 1+ year of experience with Lagom framework and/or Reactive systems
- Expertise with Lucidworks Fusion (or Solr or any enterprise search) systems
- Expertise with distributed systems, cloud platforms (e.g. GCP or in-house), NoSQL databases
(e.g. Cassandra or others.)
- Experience building with Kubernetes
- Experience with real time data systems, very comfortable with technologies like Kafka,
- Expert level experience with Scala
We will help you find new colleagues and job opportunities to take a step forward in your career. We want your future project to meet your personal, business and financial expectations. We are IT people. We can assess which opportunities will be right for you and how to present your strengths properly.
I would like to strongly recommend Mentor partners as a great cooperative and professional collaborator. I need to say whole HR team worked very well under the lead of Slavo. I am really grateful I had opportunity to work with him and his team. For my professional carrier this was one of the best contracts which had been significantly managed by him from beginning to end.
Martin Bajla, Oracle Developer
Slavomír Bača will help you find new opportunities.
|25 years in IT. More than 15 years in Accenture as a Developer/ Technical Team Leader/ Solution Architect. Head of SW development at Tatra banka. He founded portal robime.it under Mentor Partners with the vision to help IT professionals in their careers and support the IT community in Slovakia.|
Already at the first interview Slavomir showed to me his interest for me as a person, and this approach lasts now for years. I really enjoy working with him.
Ivan Poliačik, Project Manager
Slavomir has a deep insight into current job situation in IT area. His valuable advice helped me to assess my opportunities in a realistic manner and adjust my expectations.
Martin Hudo, IT Security Specialist
Slavo gave me instruction how to update my CV and advised how to prepare for interview. Practical advice which worked very well.
Martin Antalic, Software Engineer