We are Lenovo!
We’re a leader in genuine innovation, dreaming up – and building – the technology and services that enable and inspire progress around the world. Lenovo is the Number 1 Supercomputing provider in the world measured by Top 500 entries, and we keep going. Our Datacenter team is dedicated to fostering an environment that encourages entrepreneurism and ownership – a workplace where your talents can be challenged, and your efforts recognized and rewarded.
This is a great opportunity to join Lenovo’s Data Centre Group as we build out our Edge Computing organization- we are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our newbuilt WW Managed Services team and be based in Bratislava! This is a very exciting opportunity for people who want to make a difference.
These are your detailed responsibilities:
- Comprehensive hands-on experience with virtual technologies to include VMWare ESX/ESXi, vSphere, VROps, and VRA;
- Contributing expertise on information system options, risk, and operational impact;
- Collaborating with the development team responsible of the the LOC-A to separate the use cases and requirements, as well as interpreting test stage data;
- Developing interface simulators and designing automated module deployments;
- Completing code and script updates, as well as resolving product implementation errors;
- Overseeing routine maintenance procedures and performing diagnostic tests;
- Documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics;
- Develop procedures and guidelines for operation of the service, including runbooks.
You will report to ThinkAgile &Premier, ASP and Managed Services Manager, you will be supporting customers in EMEA. You will participate in weekly collaborative planning calls and meetings.
- 5-7 years experience of end-to-end automation of infrastructure and continuous integration and delivery pipelines.
- Advanced knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (program management, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision);
- Advanced understanding of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design, performance and monitoring, best practices and corporate policies;
- Proficient in one of programming languages (Java, PERL, Python);
- Solid infrastructure architectural knowledge in multi-datacenter type operations, large server farms, application security, internet security, cloud and virtualization technologies;
- Strong understanding of virtualization technologies (e.g. VMWare ESX, vSAN, NSX) and hyper-converged solutions;
What We Will Offer You:
- An open and stimulating environment within one of the most forward-thinking IT companies;
- Flat structures and fast decision-making processes;
- A modern and flexible way of working to combine personal and professional life, working from home;
- An opportunity to join a newly built team and be a part of an important business project
- Attractive compensation package.
Lenovo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Base gross monthly salary from minimum 3200 EUR and above, depending on experience + variable part 12% of your annual earnings.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.