At Atomontage we’re searching for talented visionaries to join our quest toward the inevitable volumetric future of real-time computer simulation and graphics. We’re now looking for a Cloud Engineer who can either work remotely, or join us in our studio located at the heart of the historical downtown of Bratislava, Slovakia. There, our Core team of specialists are already shipping our first foundational products in close cooperation with some leading names in multiple industries such as medical research, geospatial, and entertainment.
Our visionary investors include current and former executives of top video games studios, like Tommy Palm of Candy Crush fame and currently CEO of Resolution Games; Karl Magnus Troedsson, former CEO of EA/DICE; Justin Roiland, co-creator of Rick and Morty, now CEO of VR studio Squanch Games; Hilmar Petursson, CEO of CCP, makers of EVE online; and Makers Fund.
Prominent organizations have spontaneously approached us to explore the powerful possibilities of our volumetric technology. We are now actively working with some of them to change the way we all create and interact with 3D content for education, enterprise, and entertainment. The thing they all have in common is that they think big and see our approach as a viable path to an inevitable paradigm shift in computer simulation and graphics: Away from vector-based, surface-only representations, toward ordered sampling of deep volumetric geometry.
Required skills and knowledge:
– In-depth experience with at least one of the big cloud platforms (preferably AWS or GCP) and Linux
– Ideally experience with docker (or similar tech) and other key components
– High level overview of the capabilities of several cloud platforms regarding horizontal scaling, large data sets access and processing, real-time communication between VMs (typical latencies, throughput)
– Can design the architecture of the cloud part of our large real-time multi-user video game-like system
– Can implement scripts and/or front-end for managing such cloud solution
– Can set up a working prototype of a client-server system where a cloud-based server feeds multiple end-user clients with data in real-time, based on the users’ input
– Nice to have: Has the ability to develop and maintain our own web-based CRUD system, where creators can upload and manage their source data and resulting voxel data that are generated through voxelization of that source data
– Nice to have: Can help us build and scale our automatic testing/CI/CD solution
We offer two different compensation programs, both featuring regular pay as well as stock options in our parent company, Atomontage Inc.:
“Ambition” – you’ll be awarded more stock options, traded off against lower cash compensation; total regular net pay will be about EUR 1880 consisting of a basic salary (základná zložka mzdy) of EUR 971 brutto and additional remuneration of about EUR 1130 netto.
“Security” – if you have different personal priorities, you can instead choose to get fewer stock options with a higher total regular net pay of about EUR 2530 consisting of a basic salary (základná zložka mzdy) of EUR 971 brutto and additional remuneration of about EUR 1780 netto.
-The prospect of having a significant impact on the future of computer simulation and graphics
-The opportunity to work with our world-class partners in their varied fields
-The possibility to grow in your career by building and leading your team
-Compensation including company stock option plans
-Pleasant office atmosphere, in the city center, with chill out area, kitchen, shower
-Bike and scooter parking on the ground floor
-Team events to celebrate success and relax after work
-Refreshments like coffee, tea and healthy snacks in the office
-Flexible working hours and work from home when necessary
-Bonus sick days
-Employee Referral Bonus program
Get in touch with us for more information on the compensation programs, stock options, and other benefits.
If you feel interested please submit your application via https://www.atomontage.com/#join-us-section .