Tangent Works, a belgium-slovak scale-up, is looking for a self-motivated API & Cloud Stack Java Developer/Architect with relevant experience in designing and implementing highly scalable web-service APIs.
Successful candidate will be responsible for design and development of highly scalable REST APIs to our award-winning TIM (Tangent Information Modeller) engine using Docker containers and Kubernetes framework. TIM is an automatic model building engine for time-series in energy industry that unifies modeling of electricity load, gas consumption, solar, wind, small-scale hydro production, prices and system imbalance using state-of-the-art machine learning techniques. The job includes work with high-dimensional meteorological data.
Future applications of TIM are likely to emerge in other industries too (e.g. FinTech, Telco, Pharma, Health, etc.)
- Design and implementation of web-service APIs
- Design of highly scalable architecture (containerization & orchestration)
- Deployment at scale & integration with 3rd parties
- Spring and Spring Boot frameworks, Gradle/Maven
- Understanding of REST (Swagger), JSON, and XML concepts
- RabbitMQ or similar
- Design and optimization of databases, PostgreSQL or similar
- Linux Administration Basics
- Agile Development
Experience Considered a Plus
- Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS)
- InfluxDB, MariaDB, NoSQL, Grafana, Apache Kafka
- Front-end development (Angular, ReactJS, …)
- Julia Programming Language, SIMD, CUDA, Genie framework
- Experience with Energy industry and meteorology
- Team Leading Skills
- An adventure in the cutting-edge field of advanced analytics and machine learning
- The chance to work in a fast moving and innovative scale-up with a focus on a single product while dealing with all kinds of different technologies and assignments
- An environment where everyone’s input is nurtured.
- Fixed contract with numerous fringe benefits.
- International customer base
- An individual development plan
- Modern and spacious office in the center of Bratislava, Slovakia and Gent, Belgium
- A company culture that values openness, trust and creativity
About Tangent Works
Tangent Works is dynamically growing machine learning company dedicated to a development and research of mathematical algorithms that bring value to industry. You will be working with intelligent data analysis, data mining and predictive modelling with a massive amounts, high dimensionality, sparseness or inhomogeneous nature of the data.
We are looking forward to receive your applications at firstname.lastname@example.org